Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Coming up! Trunk show featuring jewelry designer, Karen Meninno this Saturday




Join us on Saturday November 16th from 12 to 4pm for a trunk show featuring 
jewelry designer Karen Meninno.

By Karen Meninno   As an exhibiting artist in Boston-area galleries for the past 8 years, I am now using my sculpture skills to design and make unique clay jewelry. It is inspired by my Indian heritage and combined with a vintage feel, offers clients an individual look. 

My process in making jewelry is informed by my art practice in many ways including working and molding clay to embed ethnic-inspired elements like glitter, gold leaf, bindi. I often use vintage elements, sourced by other independent artisans, such as crystal chatons, buttons, German glass glitter, sequins. I also use natural stones and minerals to enhance designs.

I was born in New Delhi, raised in London and now live in Boston. I earned a Fine Arts degree in Sculpture at Massachusetts College of Art & Design (MassArt). My inspirations are color, India, ornament, textiles, interior design, fashion and jewelry design, fine art.
Hope you enjoy my designs and you can see more at www.indalydesigns.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment