Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sunday Show for Annie B. Creations at the Guild



Join us on from 11am to 3pm for a trunk show featuring artist Annie Becker, owner of Annie B. Creations. 

Stop by and see upcycled Scarves Purses and more... Annie uses vintage kimonos to make her creations

As a lifelong seamstress I have found years of pleasure in creating a wide variety of items from Amish style baby quilts to purses made from vintage Japanese kimono fabrics. Whether it’s finding a new fabric to buy and store away until just the right project comes along or it’s designing the smallest details of how a flower girls dress will flow as she walks down the aisle, I have always found joy in whatever type of sewing project I am currently working on. Most recently I’ve been very excited by vintage fabrics and styles, and by finding new ways to re-purpose vintage materials. The whimsy of American fabrics from the mid 20th century has been great inspiration for my original design aprons that are both fun and functional. I have also enjoy re-purposing gorgeous and elegant vintage Japanese kimono fabric into purses, shibori scarves, and other items. These beautiful vintage Japanese fabrics from obi, kimono and yukata are the most elaborately woven and dyed silks I have ever seen! They are a pleasure to work with. — Annie Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment