Thursday, April 9, 2015

Opening Reception for April Artists of the Month

April Artists of the Month: Lisa WB Walker & Gillian Jackson



Join us Saturday April 11 from 5pm to 7pm, for an opening reception featuring our artists of the month, Lisa WB Walker and Gillian Jackson.

Lisa WB Walker
From the dark days of winter, spring has finally arrived; the surfaces of my pots are rejoicing! Brush strokes filled with glaze dance across the surface in a repetitive manner evoking playful order. Blue buds of color join planes of glossy blue to celebrate both land and sea. My spring collection is functional stoneware, easily used and beautifully versatile as it can exist on a dresser top or a table top or hung on a wall. The work I create is meant to be felt in your hand, seen by your eye and used in a way that becomes personal to you.

Gillian Jackson — Unexpected Boston
To capture this group of photographs I walked and drove around Boston and its neighborhoods with a 400mm lens, and looked where I would not normally look, and took images in places that I would not normally consider; a liquor store parking lot, a view of Zakim Bridge through the streets of East Boston or a gargoyle or chimney hidden up in the roofline.

There are also several skyline views to satisfy my traditional bent!

No comments:

Post a Comment