Monday, September 7, 2015

Opening Reception, Matt Miller, Faces


Join us on Friday September 11 from 6pm to 8pm for an opening 
reception for Guild Artist of the Month, Matt Miller.

Matt Miller started drawing at an early age and was often seen with pencil, pen, or charcoal in hand. He took several drawing classes at this time, however as he grew and adulthood came upon him, a long hiatus in his art took place. Later, as an accomplished adult, he took up drawing and oil painting with renewed zeal, studying with several skilled local artists, taking classes at a number of local studios and the Rhode Island School of Design. He came across the artwork of David Leffel and became heavily influenced by his work, working with and attending numerous training sessions over the next few years with Mr. Leffel and his wife Sherrie McGraw in California and in Taos NM.


FACES
I have always been fascinated by people. I started drawing and painting 
people when I was about 12. And as much as I love still life painting, 
I always come back to painting people. In particular I am fascinated by 
people's faces, their expressions, the glint in their eyes, and the 
experiences expressed by the wear of weather and etched line. I am 
blessed to have worked with a master painter to help realize the skills 
necessary to share my vision with you. - Matt Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment