Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Art Opening for Zelayna Rauch



The Dedham Square Artist Guild,
July Artist of the Month:
Zelayna Rauch

Join us for the Opening Reception for Zelayna Rauch
and see her new fiber works
Thursday, July 14th
6 to 8pm
the Dedham Square Artist Guild

I have always enjoyed crafting, macramé, crochet, sewing etc.
My grandmother, my Baba, got me started. She taught me embroidery
and cross-stitch. I find it relaxing and I feel close to my grandmother
when I sew. As an adult, I was asked to make a quilt for my newborn nephew.
Never having made a quilt, a friend helped me. I enjoyed it so much,
I never stopped. I joined a quilter’s guild, got a fancy machine and now-
I’m hooked. I enjoy using my talents to create quilted works that can be shared
with others. I hope you enjoy my creations.
-Zelayna Rauch


The show runs from July 1st to July 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment