Monday, July 4, 2016

July News at the Guild

Summer is here! We've got events and new items lined up for Summer, fulfilling that deep down local
art crave you didn't even know was there!

HAPPY 4th of July!!!

Quote of the month
"Every good painter paints what he is" - Jackson Pollock




Join us for the Art Opening of “Local Inspiration”
THE DEDHAM COMMUNITY THEATRE 


OPENING RECEPTION: THURSDAY,
JULY 7TH 6-8PM 

What inspires an artist is often right in front of them. Compositions may represent memories or be realistic. Local inspiration may come from the pride an artist feels for a neighborhood or an experience they had in their hometown. Artists show us their stories.


OPENING RECEPTION: THURSDAY, JULY 7TH 6-8PM at the Dedham Community Theatre
lower gallery

580 High Street, Dedham, MA.
http://www.dedhamcommunitytheatre.com






We are pleased to announce The Dedham Square Artist Guild, July Artist of the Month: Dedham Artist, Zelayna Rauch.

Join us for the Opening Reception: Thursday, July 14th, 6pm to 8pm
at the Dedham Square Artist Guild and see her new fiber work.

I have always enjoyed crafting, macramé, crochet, sewing etc. My grandmother, my Baba, got me started. She taught me embroidery and cross-stitch. I find it relaxing and I feel close to my grandmother when I sew. As an adult, I was asked to make a quilt for my newborn nephew. Never having made a quilt, a friend helped me. I enjoyed it so much, I never stopped. I joined a quilter’s guild, got a fancy machine and now-I’m hooked. I enjoy using my talents to create quilted works that can be shared with others. I hope you enjoy my creations.
-Zelayna Rauch 




See What's New at the GUILD ...

New Summer Pottery collection by Lisa Walker. Her work make a perfect gift, or just for yourself ...
New Jewelry by Jill Barry, Barbara Trainer
New Photography by Kerry Hawkins and Gretje Ferguson
and more... 


At your favorite ART PLACE ...


Become a DSAG Member!

The Dedham Square Artist Guild is always looking for new applicants interested in becoming members of the Guild. At this time we are looking to fill the following areas: small 3D, fabric/textile, and wood. Massachusetts residents only.

Please read below for more information, and follow this link to fill out our membership application:
http://www.dedhamguild.com/artistapplication


DEDHAM SUNDAY OPEN MARKET - Have you been?


Dedham Square Circle has organized the new Dedham Sunday Open Market!  The weekly market, held in the Keystone parking lot on Eastern Avenue (across from CVS), will run from9 am - 2 pm and will feature vendors selling antiques, collectibles, vintage items, art, handcrafted originals, yard sale items and much more.  We'll even have live music on occasion.
This event is free and open to the public!

The Guild is open 11-2pm on Sunday's, stop by after the Market





No comments:

Post a Comment