Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Events at the Dedham Guild this week, check them out here

Wednesday, December 14th
6pm to 8pm
Artists of the Month opening reception featuring 
Matt Miller (painting) and Barbara Trainer (Jewelry)

Read more about the Artists Here

Friday December 16th  
3pm to 6pm
Artists trunk show featuring photography by Alice Donaldson 
and painted glassware by Pat Hawkins.


About Pat Hawkins

I started painting with Watercolors and moved on to Acrylics, Pen and Ink approximately 30 years ago. I found this was a way of expressing myself and loved working with colors and different mediums. Then about 25 years ago I received a China Painting Book from my daughter Kerry. Voila, a new exciting endeavor the Art of Decorative Painting. I started working with painting glassware such as wine glasses, vases and other fun projects. I love to share my techniques with people that enjoy the enjoy the process of creating something beautiful, fun and unique. I find that people really enjoy giving unique and personal gifts to family and friends as well as enjoying in their own homes. 


About Alice Donaldson

Photography is my passion. I love the way light plays on the landscape, and its diversity of textures, shapes and intricacies of the land. My travels have inspired respect and admiration for the beauty and grandeur of this world. The goal is to capture this beauty in photographs, and to evoke various emotions from the onlooker.

My portfolio reflexes my travel thru Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Cape Cod.

I photograph in hope that people can identify with a place they have dreamed of, perhaps visited, or to inspire there imagination.


Saturday December 17th, 
1pm to 5pm
Jewelry by artist Claire Kincaid

See Claire Kincaid’s handcrafted wire Jewelry at 
this unique trunk show

Shop for your loved ones or yourself and meet the creator of these beautiful jewelry pieces

From the Artist
Claire Kincaid
Jeweler, Maker, Engineer

I started creating in the fourth grade, when my passion for both art and hands on engineering and science lead me to the constantly evolving world of jewelry and precious stones. Since then, I have explored many different avenues of creation and fallen in love with the world of metal and wire. I create custom jewelry and sculptures from wire using a variety of metal working techniques. I also mine and cut my own gemstones, allowing me to be even more involved in the design of a piece from its inception. When I'm not in the workshop, I'm studying mechanical engineering at Olin College in Needham, MA. I recently joined the artisan's community of Somerville, and currently work out of Artisan's Asylum, developing my skills and forming deeper connections with the community. I enjoy working closely with people to solve problems and create new, awesome things.


No comments:

Post a Comment