Saturday, January 21, 2017

Artist Profile, Guild Member, Cindy Mootz


Cindy Mootz

Art has always been my creative outlet. I've drawn and painted my whole life, but I firststarted getting serious about my art when I took a watercolor class at the Brookline Arts Center about 25 years ago. I still love watercolor and also paint in oil and acrylic, but much of my recent work has focused on creating monotypes. I was introduced to the technique about 15 years ago and was immediately hooked. Monotype printing is a process that produces one unique print at a time. The possibilities with the technique are endless and I learn something each time I do it. I love playing with composition and color and use the world around me as my inspiration. 
Besides belonging to the Dedham Square Artist Guild, I also belong to the West Roxbury Art Association and the Monotype Guild of New England (www.MGNE.org).
Awards:
•Honorable Mention, Marina Bay Arts Affair Show, 2007
•2nd Place, West Roxbury Art Association Show, 2008
•Honorable Mention, West Roxbury Art Association Show, 2010
•2nd Place, West Roxbury Art Association Show, 2011
•3rd Place, Marina Bay Arts Affair Show, 2012
•2nd Place, “Small Works” exhibit, Custom Framing Gallery, Norwood, MA Dec, 2013
•Honorable Mention, Marina Bay Arts Affair Show, 2015

What is Cindy Working on now
I'm going to be working on a series of small paintings over the next few months, in various mediums. The focus will be mostly still lifes and animals. Although I will continue doing some watercolor and printmaking, I want to further develop my skills in oil and acrylic. I love playing with color and composition and have been known to add an element of whimsy to my artwork. Everything around me inspires me to create. The winter trees against the sky, boats at a dock, my cat on the bed, or the shape and color of a pepper. It's hard for me to look at anything without wondering how it would look as a painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment